November 28, 2012

November 27 - A Day in the Life


Two Diet Cokes: Bryan got me addicted.  I drink more of it than water.  Shame.
Work Desk: Where I spend four hours every day.
Stamps: Something I brought downstairs when we came down to work.
Paper: Lists of Christmas stuff to do.
Notepad: Work notes.
Sticky Notes: Lists of what to put on our daily blog.
Remotes: So Haze won't turn the TV on and off.

7:20 AM: Wake up with Bryan's alarm clock.  Choose sleep over showering.  Hope that the kids will give me another half hour.
7:45 AM: Hear Haze talk and stand up.  Pretend like I didn't hear it.
7:50 AM: Say prayers with Bryan before he leaves for work.
7:55 AM: Get Haze out of bed.  Get him some milk in a sippy and turn his favorite cartoon on (Super Why).
8:20 AM: Andlie comes out of her room with the cutest bed head you've ever seen.  Get him some milk.  Watch cartoons for a while.
8:30 AM: Breakfast time!  Usually instant oatmeal for the kids.  I usually skip breakfast.  I let them watch cartoons while we eat.  (Gasp.)
9:00 AM: Get the kids ready for the day.  Brush teeth, do hair, change clothes, change diaper.
9:20 AM: Sneak to the bathroom to have a shower.  Hurry fast before Haze notices and comes in the bathroom, stares at me, and cries until I get out.
9:30 AM: Get ready and head out the door to do our errands for the day.  This is when we usually go grocery shopping, to the Post Office, Christmas shopping, to the doctor/dentist, etc.  Some days, it's when Play Group is or when me & Andlie do a craft while Haze naps. 
11:45 AM: Head home and start lunch.  Usually something easy like PB & J or chicken nuggets.  I usually try to clean up the house, start a load of laundry, make beds, etc.  I also start prepping dinner by making a salad, turning the crock pot on, getting meat out to thaw, etc.  Sometimes I remember to eat, but most days I end up grabbing something (granola bar, toast, etc. and a Coke) on the way downstairs to work.
1:00 PM: Time for me to clock on to work!  Downstairs we go!  Haze usually poops right before I need to be clocked on.  I work while the kids play.  I try not to turn the TV on until 1:30, which is when their favorite, "Daniel Tiger," is on.
2:00 PM: Haze goes down for his nap.  Sometimes it's earlier if he's missed his morning nap.  He'll ususally sleep until 5, but some days, he wakes up at 4 or even earlier.
2:30 PM: Andlie gets bored and wants to go outside.  Poor thing.  She asks about every half hour until I'm done working.  She can entertain herself pretty well if I find the right game/toy/activity.  I hit the jackpot one day by giving her a ball of yarn and some scissors.
5:00 PM: I clock off and we go upstairs to await Daddy's arrival!  I start cooking dinner.  Haze usually wakes up and Andlie & Haze play tag/chase while I cook.
5:30 PM: Daddy enters!  The crowd goes wild!
5:45 PM: Dinner & clean up.
7:00 PM: Family time.  This is when we go to the Mall to play or on a ride to look at lights or to Riverwoods to ride the carousel or.....
7:45 PM: Bath time!  Haze first.  Then Andlie.
8:15 PM: Quiet time.  The kids get to watch a cartoon ("Willa's Wild Life" & "Pearlie"). 
9:00 PM: Kids to bed.  Brush teeth, prayers, scriptures, songs, hugs, distracted visits/stories, hugs, drinks, tucking in, drinks.  Door shuts.
Then me & Bryan get our time.  We usually watch TV, eat treats, and visit.
11:00 PM: Bedtime for the big kids.
Repeat.

I love my life and feel so blessed to be called Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment