We planted flowers tonight. I had a vision. We were going to go to the store and pick out some lovely blossoms, sit around and hold hands & sing "Kumbaya," carefully place the flowers in the pots, talk about what we love about Summer, learn about growing flowers, and do some family bonding.
Instead, Haze got his hand stuck in the watering can, we got dirt all over our driveway and ourselves, Andlie dumped water all over my pants, Bryan threw the camera so he could get Hazey's hand un-stuck, well - - - you get the picture.
So I guess I should say, "We threw dirt around and got messy and someone mentioned something about flowers," instead of, "We planted flowers." Still did some bonding and loving. Just not like my Mary Poppins vision. Thank heaven for kids. And baths.

Ha! I have the same idea each year we plant flowers! When Pearl was Haze's age, she threw all the dirt out of the pots before I had a chance to put the flowers in. She was covered and dirt (expensive dirt) was everywhere. Jeff wasn't too happy with us both, because I'd given up and just starting taking pictures.
ReplyDelete